About Me

My photo
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
I've worked in the field of human potential deveopment for over 25 years. My current focus is soul/energy clearing and balancing. I work in tandem with Spiritual Hierarchy to clear, revitalize and balance soul and subtle body energies. This work vibrationally aligns the energy with the frequencies of love, gratitude, peace and joy producing health on all levels of being.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Personal Development

Yup that's right, the two words that attract the attention of over a half million people on Twitter are "PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT".

It's not so shocking really, not when you consider that everyone from Opra to The Donald have endorsed the fact that developing the human potential truly is the next frontier. The book 'The Secret' did a lot to set the wheel in motion as well. By alerting us to the fact that there is such a thing as The Law of Attraction, our curiosity was triggered and interest piqued. The movie version of the book brought the message home in living color. Now What??

How do we actually develop that which we have a propensity for, what is the practical application of the lofty ideal, who has the answers and where can I find them - ever had any questions like these, I certainly have.

What I've found in my search for a deeper meaning to life, is that the extraordinary is usually always right there in the midst of the ordinary. The easier something is to put into practice, the more likely I am to engage with it on a regular basis. Consistency does work because the more habitual and repetitive an action or a thought becomes, the more likely it is to make a groove in our subconscious mind, which burns a program we can eventually automatically download at will.

Positive reinforcement of that which makes a difference in a good way, not only supports the evolution of consciousnes but it also develops our human potential so that the things we have been trying to change or putting up with, clear up just in the process of life.

By engaging with the following 3 exercises in ritualistic fashion I've found them useful in boosting my energy on a daily basis:

Gratitude - Each day I set aside time, usually in the morning to give thanks. I start with the obvious. I can walk, talk, listen, see, taste and smell, all of these I am most grateful for. For the most part however, throughout my life, I have rarely recognized any of these as anything to be worthy of my gratitude specifically. As I give thanks for that which I've considered the mundane and the trivial, I actually feel my vibration rising.

Affirmative Thought - In monitoring my thought process I was amazed the degree to which I spent time slumming in the negative vibe. Negativity actually pollutes the energy field, forming a vibrational buildup which undermines the higher frequencies. This includes negative self talk, gossip, a dismal perspective such as a cup half empty as compared to the cup half full perspective. I'm able to catch myself now and give myself the choice to either continue the rant or go higher. That's a big win!

Visualization - Both the animate and inanimate have a vibrational frequency. When we visualize, construct in detail what we see in our mind's eye, we actually draw or attract those frequencies to us in manifestation. I find when I use my ability to respond, to create what I desire I'm empowered by the process of creation through me. . . .and I usually always get the parking space sooner rather than later.

Upping the frequency from victim to victor requires vigilance. Just because we bathed yesterday doesn't mean we don't need to clean up again today. I've been on the path of personal development for over 3 decades and yet every moment of each day is another opportunity to either go backward or move forward.

Being part of a world wide trend that is influencing the shape of the future is awesome isn't it!!

No comments: