About Me

My photo
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
I've worked in the field of human potential deveopment for over 25 years. My current focus is soul/energy clearing and balancing. I work in tandem with Spiritual Hierarchy to clear, revitalize and balance soul and subtle body energies. This work vibrationally aligns the energy with the frequencies of love, gratitude, peace and joy producing health on all levels of being.

Monday, October 19, 2009

So Now Tell Me Again - You Did What At That Conference. . .

Three super hot motivational speakers headlining a personal development conference at a fabulous five star resort in the middle of the Caribbean, added up to both an inner out adventure of immeasurable value.

By the end of day one I realized I was not in my version of 'Kansas' anymore. What I mean by that is this. All the insecurities that come to the fore when one is in a large unfamiliar group, trying to stay hi-toned and be of good cheer, when in fact and in truth all the unpopped kernels surrounding worth and value are surfacing like sea debris at high tide, make for much in the way of discomfort. I knew from the get go I was not going to make it out of this one, personal baggage intact!

Each of the 3 speakers drove home a point that hit me right between the eyes.

Yossi Ghinsberg, teacher of 'survival is a choice', spent enough time lost in the Bolivian jungle to frighten the holy bejesus out of most of us, and him. And because he lived to tell about it, and was walking repetitively across a stage not more than 30 feet in front of me, I felt like it was my experience too. I felt the impact of his experience because even though I have not been any farther south than the woods adjacent my backyard, I could relate to his experience of being totally out of control w/out even so much as a hyper-link to help.

From the jungle we headed for the desert with Steve Donahue who told his story, complete with drum accompaniment, of his experience of the desert as metaphor for change. His pithy storytelling, humor and self-deprecating style were upstaged only by his ability to be totally present in the moment when sharing his feelings about his father being on his death bed as he spoke. Any closed hearts opened fully at this point and we totally gave it up, as a group, for Steve.

This conference required all of me in every moment. No time to worry about weather I fit in or if I was hair style appropriate. The fact that the extra 10 pounds I've gained in the last few years made me look matronly in group shots by comparison to the younger more juicy looking participants, paled by comparison to what had been experienced by the presenters on the stage.

The last speaker, Neal Petersen hit the stage running and never stopped. He drove home the point that 'in life there are no barriers - only solutions'. His nine months at sea alone, 27,000 miles in a boat on water, coupled with his determination to not let a little thing like 'Apartheid' keep him from fulfilling his dream, offered a whole new dimension to the meaning of the words courage, faith and tenacity.

And if that wasn't enough to open me to the full experience of who I am beyond the small insignificance of my ego-mind, a mountain of excuses and a slew of 'issues' there was the cloak of natural beauty which held me in a soft embrace. The ever-changing hue of light, the low hung cloud formations portending release, just in time for relief from tropical heat and the abundance of eye-popping color in the water and on land, were significant in upping my frequency and shifting my vibration.

The nightly serenade from the frog community and the early morning banter of the striking sapphire blue Parrots were the talisman of the whole experience, along with the emerald green waters and the heavenly scent of Plumeria blossoms and tree orchids.

Indeed this was an interdimensional experience. And just as I'd expected, I came back with way more than just pictures. To find out more about the group that sponsors these events go to www.polarismediagroup.com/alison

No comments: